ARZANA'

Pictures of then dockyard of Venice by the photography club " La Gondola "

The " Arsenale " (from arabian word " darsina'a "),occupies about 1/6 of the whole historic centre on the north-east side of Venice.
It was probably founded on two islands called the " Twins " in 1104; it grew bigger & bigger, going along with the economic and military fortune of the Serenissima.

Back one page Next page