New Procuratie
 
  They are constituted by a long building that skirts the southern side of St. Mark's Square; they were built for replacing the Old ones, as residence of St. Mark's Attorneys. The works began in 1582, with the intervention of Vincent Scamozzi and they finished toward the half of the seventeenth century with Baldassarre Longhena. During the napoleonic period, the New Procuratie were assigned to Royal Palace, while today they house the Correr Museum, the Museum of the Risorgimento, the Archaeological Museum and some offices: the Management of the Civic Museums, the Library of the Correr Museum. Under the arcades there is the famous Florian Caffè dating back to the eighteenth century and renovated in the nineteenth century, one of the places of meeting more celebrated and famous places of meeting in Venice.